Saturday, October 30, 2010

Victory Acres Farm - PART 2

I've had a bunch of questions about Victory Acres since my first post.  Most people have wanted to know what you get, and how much it costs.

As far as what you get, it depends on what is in season, how the rains affect the crop, etc.  We joined in August, and since then this is what I remember getting (it is not an exhaustive list):
  • tomatoes (all kinds)
  • watermelon
  • peppers (green, cherry, hot, jalapenos, etc.)
  • sweet potatoes
  • pick-your-own berries
  • cabbage
  • green beans
  • snap peas
  • lettuce (multiple varieties)
  • basil (sooo good!)
  • cilantro
  • thyme
  • rosemary
  • okra
  • fresh cut flowers 
  • Swiss chard (this is like spinach)
  • garlic
  • turnips
  • beets
  • green tomatoes (yes, I made fried green tomatoes, and believe it or not they were awesome!)
  • ??? I'm sure I'm forgetting other things

The prices for 2011 haven't been posted yet, but when they are I'll let you know.  The cost varies depending on if you buy a whole or a half share.  Below I've posted the cost for 2010.  You can get a half or a whole share - my family is a family of 4 - my husband, me, and a 3 and a 1 year old.  We got a half share - most weeks it was enough, and we're planning on getting a half share again next season.

PRICE PER SHARE
For returning members, if you ordered before Dec. 31 it was:
Half Share $285  (if you ordered after Dec. 31 it was $300)*
Full Share $450 (if you ordered after Dec. it was $480)
These prices are for 20 weeks of produce - May thru Oct
*we joined late in the season - in Aug, and our amount was prorated.

For more info:
E-Mail us: vacsa@vicm.org
Phone: 765-998-2590
www.VictoryAcres.org

No comments:

Post a Comment