Monday, November 15, 2010

Breathe - Recommended Book for Moms

As a mom of two little boys, I don't get much time to read, and when I do get time I often would rather go to sleep than try to challenge myself mentally!  It is hard for me to sit still (without falling asleep) and to focus on something other than the constant "to-do" list running through my mind. 

I picked up a book this summer, Breathe: Creating Space for God in a Hectic Life, and have been slowly working my way through it, a few pages at a time.  It has been a great read, and I recommend it for all Moms.  This book has been challenging me to not be so hurried, something I'm always doing (I've even noticed how many times I say to my 3-year old "Hurry, Buddy", even when we don't really need to hurry), and has challenged me to spend time doing more things that matter and less things that don't.  I encourage you to pick up a copy (I'm not sure if they have it at our library or not...) - I think you will find it rejuvenating for your family & for your soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment