Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Favorite thing of the week: Aquaphor Healing Ointment (MIRACLE Ointment!)

This is a very random posting, but I have to tell you about my new favorite product of the week - Aquaphor Healing Ointment.  This stuff is amazing.  Thanks to my friend Launa who told me about this on Friday, I picked up a jar, desperate for anything to make my 1 year old's horrible skin rash/crazy eczima go away.  My poor kid has had a horrible horrible rash/dry skin from his eczima, and has been scratching so much he's bleeding.  I've tried baby lotions, oils, hydrocortizone cream, diaper rash ointment (Rx based and over the counter), and nothing has helped.  Launa told me this stuff was the best, and that I could put it on my kid at night and he'd wake up healed.  I was skeptical, but desperate, so I tried it.  HOLY COW!  The next morning he was about 85% better, and by day two, he was healed!  THANK YOU LAUNA!  So, in case any of your kiddos have crazy dry skin/eczima, I HIGHLY recommend this product.  Oh, and Launa says that the generic brand is not the same, so pay a few bucks more for the real stuff.  Cheapest place to get it seems to be Walmart, but about $7/jar - remember to get the kind in the jar.  It is clear and greasy, and as my husband said "makes your kid look like a greased pig", but it works! 

Product info: 
Aquaphor Healing Ointment 3.5 oz Ointment - Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment is a non-irritating, fragrance-free skin protectant from Eucerin. Designed to provide relief for severely dry, cracked or irritated skin, Aquaphor Healing Ointment offers temporary protection from minor cuts, scrapes and burns; relief from chapped or cracked skin and lips; and protection from the drying effects of wind and cold weather. Get protection that will restore your smooth, healthy skin with Eucerin Aquaphor.

1 comment:

  1. I got a free sample of this a while back, and I totally agree. It's great stuff. I don't know what the difference is, but Meijer has some by the baby stuff that is specifically labeled for kids.

    ReplyDelete