Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Help Clean-Up Downtown & Historic Marion - June 4

My husband teases me because I'm always an advocate for "clean-up" days (my solution to most problems when we drive through small communities!).  We did these in the town I grew up in, and they were GREAT community events - a chance to take pride in your city, to bond as a community & instill positive values in your kids! 

The Downtown & Historic Marion Neighborhood Association is hosting a clean-up day on Saturday, June 4.  The clean-up event is 8:30 - noon (rain or shine!), and volunteers are needed to clean, paint & more.  They're asking people to pre-register if possible so they know how many to expect.  For more info & to register contact operations@mainstreetmarion.com or #662-1192.  They'll also take registrations at 8am the day of the event at the Centrum Mall (428 S. Washington St). 

No comments:

Post a Comment